This position is responsible for performing the financial functions and related functions within the Church office. The Financial Secretary receives funds, including cash and checks, issues receipts, utilizes the voucher system for funds appropriately requested and documented; tracks all invoices and expenses of the church and pays bills. S/he is responsible for accurately entering the members’ contributions, issuing reports and periodic member giving reports. Additionally, s/he enters the receipts and disbursements for the purpose of preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements and reports. The Financial Secretary tracks ministry expenses to assure that the expenses are within budget. Also, the Financial Secretary also assists the deacons in the administration of the Benevolence program by assuring that applicants have accurately completed the required paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responds timely to all financial incoming calls and inquiries.
• Prepare all financial church documents, reports and materials. Assures that work is accurate, produced in a timely manner and in an appropriate format.
• Enters on a weekly basis all members’ contributions, church receipts and disbursements.
• Assures accurate and timely payment of bills, expenses, and other budgeted disbursements.
• Provides input and approval for payroll and prepares and issues checks for contract personnel as necessary.
• Complies with federal, state, and local tax reporting guidelines, including Form 1099 for all eligible employees.
• Establish and maintain an effective and efficient documentation process and filing system for church financial documents and materials.
• Maintains confidentiality of all church members and visitors.
• Ability to solve problems; to think creatively and quickly; set priorities and meet deadlines as required.
• Must have dedication and enthusiasm and demonstrate superior customer care and satisfaction skills.
• Must be proficient in ACS. Accounts Payable, Contribution and People modules a must.
• Must have three to five years of previous financial and clerical experience that would demonstrate: Proficiency with computers and common software applications, e.g. Microsoft Office Software. Data entry/keyboarding skills with reasonable speed and accuracy. Ability to prepare presentations as requested. Proficient in the operation of office machines, copies, scanners, etc. Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
About First UMC McKinney
First United Methodist Church of McKinney serves McKinney Texas from the heart of McKinney. A downtown church near the historic square of McKinney, Texas. McKinney is one of the fastest growing areas in Collin County.
BACK TO TOP
TCN JobCenter is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else TCN Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at TCN JobCenter.